[Healeys] Ruddspeed

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu Aug 2 10:12:37 MDT 2018

Just to let you know

.

Reference the Ruddspeed setup about which I enquired. (1.75in always or
not?)  It had never  been used and looked brand new.

I was determined to get it (at almost any price) and was stalking it on
eBay. It started off at £300, Reserve not met. On an auction.

Then someone bid £500.

Then that bid was withdrawn and it changed to “Buy it now” at £700. The £500
bidder bought it immediately.

Plainly he’d done a deal with the vendor.

I’m disappointed as I was going to win that auction. The real loser is the
vendor who could have got a lot more than £700.

I’d not be surprised if it turns up on eBay again, but at twice the price.

My wife is not at all disappointed! So someone’s happy!! And thank you all
for your answers.

Simon