[Healeys] Batteries

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Apr 21 12:22:36 MDT 2018

I have used both low budget nameless and expensive well known brands
batteries and to be honest I have not noticed a lot of difference in
their performance or durability. They usually last around 10 years if
checked regularly for electrolyte level (if at all possible) and fill
them up with distilled water (condensed water from a clothes drier) as
needed and have them connected to a controlled trickle charger when the
car is not being driven.

Leaving the battery unattended during long periods will shorten the life
spectacularly. It could be dead within the year.

Get the largest capacity that fits the battery tray(s).

Kees Oudesluijs