[Healeys] Rocker Cover Poll

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 7 19:19:06 MDT 2018

Patrick:

All good suggestions for ensuring that the rocker cover is flat / straight.

I’m surprised that no-one has mentioned the old British mechanic trick – glue the gasket to the rocker cover and then coat the bottom of the gasket with any suitable all purpose grease – no sealant. (I use wheel bearing grease).  As long as the mating surface on the head is not damaged, it will do the trick.  I re-grease the gasket every time the rocker cover is off for maintenance.  The gasket will last for many years with this method.

Isn’t it fun!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb