[Healeys] Oil release valve plunger stuck

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 12:51:43 MDT 2017

Further to my post of a few days ago about low oil pressure I pulled the
bottom end apart and will be replacing rod and main bearings.  I removed
the oil release valve cap nut and spring but cannot get the valve
itself--the plunger--out.  I had a small magnet probe that seemed to go all
the way into the plunger's recess but it would not extract the part.

Is there some trick here?  I had it out a number of years ago and do not
remember encountering any problem.  I could probably pass a tap into it
from the side and engage the inside of the plunger so I could extract it
but there must be some better way.  Suggestions/experience appreciated.

Best--Michael Oritt