[Healeys] A Mystery

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Mon Sep 25 08:52:07 MDT 2017

I cannot find my photos of the filter on the end of the fuel tank pick-up, but as I recall, it was very well secured to the tube & it is unlikely that you could have blown it off. Also, as I recall, if you have an original style fuel pump, it has a check valve built into it which will prevent fuel from flowing backwards thru the pump. You may have damaged this depending on the air pressure you use when you blew backwards thru the pump. This might apply to after market pumps, too.

If the tank has been sitting for 25 years, imagine what it might look like inside! I would remove it & at the least, have it thoroughly flushed out.
If the tank has ever been coated inside with one of those proprietary coating products is likely that the coating is separating & clogging the inlet screen.

Gary Hodson