[Healeys] Bellows Thermostats - alternatives to

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Mon Sep 4 07:58:53 MDT 2017

Harold,
See this forum discussion of these alternatives - with pictures:
http://tinyurl.com/y8ccg6wp

Subject: [Healeys] Bellows Thermostats

Hello,

I am in the process of putting my AH 3000 engine back together and went
looking for a recommendation for the engine thermostat. I was expecting to
find a recommendation for the opening temperature but instead found
information that recommends a bellows type thermostat should be used and the
bellows is important or some of the coolant can bypass the radiator when the
thermostat opens. If a bellows type thermostat is recommended is the correct
type either the Smiths 85025 series or the AC Delco TF series? Is there a
modern replacement bellows type thermostat that fails in the open position?

Your comments and insight is welcomed.

Harold

1960 BT7

<<<