[Healeys] Oil release valve plunger stuck

richard mayor boyracer466 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 20:02:34 MDT 2017

When metal starts moving though the oiling system, as happens fairly often
in race motors, a shard can find itself stuck along side the bullet in the
pressure relief valve pocket.  I have always used a tap to engage the
bullet to pull it out.  If a magnet wont pull it out, you probably have
some metal wedged in there and the only way to get it out is with a tap.
And, that would explain your low oil pressure problem because the bullet is
stuck in the open position.