[Healeys] A very interesting BN2

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Nov 13 11:12:31 MST 2017

Well, it's not my cup of meat, and I can't see it going for over $60K,
if that.  A really clean, original BN2 would go for at least that, and
the VIN plate for a 100M would go for twice.

Not a well-considered resto-mod, IMO.  I'd buy a really clean BN2 that
has been fitted with alloy head, extractors, bigger carbs, etc. if done
tastefully--without trying to pass for a 100M--and have a great
'sleeper.'  The brake upgrades are certainly nice, but the white wires
only look good on 100Ses (stock silver would go better on this car).
The body work--outer sills (flat bottom, not Kilmartin) and
doglegs--hasn't been fitted well (as one of the commenters pointed
out).  Alternator not necessary,  and instead of the cold air box I'd
fit some K&Ns or equivalent (I'm considering doing this on my 100M, as
the CAB is a PITA).  You DO want a heater, as I used mine just the other
day when I got caught on a cool day without a jacket (unfortunately, I
hit a deep pothole with the heater running and now the heater is making
a 'tinkling' noise).  Interior is nicely done.

AFAIK, DWR doesn't make 'Denis Welsh 10.5:1 flat-top pistons;' Welsh
sells pistons in specific diameters, the compression ratio would be
determined solely by bore and combustion chamber size. And what,
exactly, is a 'high-lift crankshaft?'

I would like to know how he crammed the Vredestein in the boot pocket.

Bob