[Healeys] Tires, redux

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Fri Nov 3 15:06:28 MDT 2017

Gary,
Here in Germany and other countries we are not forced by law to put on new
tyres when the ones on the car are older than ten years, as long as they
look fine. Even MOT doesn´t force us. Why should we force Concours
contenders to fit new tyres when the law allows older tyres?

For the cross or biasply tyres. Here in Europe we do not have really good
remanufacturers for shock absorbers. So many here send their shocks to a
company in the USA for remanufacturing.
Why it shouldn´t be possible for US Healey owners to let their tyres ship
from Europe. Tyre suppliers here have AVON 590/15s in stock and ship to the
US. I order my body panels from Kilmartin in Australia and do not buy them
from other sources here in Europe. We have an worldwide market these days.
So why should I buy second source quality when I can get first.
So I see no reason to allow non original tyre sizes without deduction for a
car in Concours.
You are so painstaking correct in your Concours´s with otheer things like
underfelts, bolt heads, etc., but here you are extremely open.

Josef Eckert

-----Original-Nachricht-----