[Healeys] cable

Mike S phoenix722 at comcast.net
Sun May 28 21:56:23 MDT 2017

Interestingly, the speedo was working fine, until one day it didn't.  No
warning.  I decided to unhook the connection at the back of the speedo
and see if the square end of the cable was rotatable.  To my surprise,
the entire cable was not even connected to the speedometer.  Just
hanging loose.  Since it takes quite a few turns to screw it on, this
seems odd. Connecting it did not solve the problem. Anyway, the cable
itself turns quite easily; does this mean the cable itself is broken?
If so, I will have to pull each end out separately.  It's a real pain to
get under the car, as it is an inch off the ground (it seems), and I am
more than an inch thick.  Working from the top as Bob suggested sounds
better.

Mike