[Healeys] Brake Cleaner

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Mon Mar 27 01:16:47 MDT 2017

I was looking for something to clean off some oil spreading around the fill and drain plugs of the differential so I could paint it.  Here in California any chemical that works is banned.  It's impossible to find a degreaser that works.  Looking around the Internet I found a brake and parts cleaner in a spray can made by Wurth.  It says on the can, "Not for retail sale", but you can buy it at Pegasus Racing for less than 6 bucks.  I sprayed the oil on the diff with this stuff and waited for it to dry.  There was no runoff on the ground below where I sprayed, but when it was dry the oil was gone and it was bone dry.  What makes this so good in this case is the diff had been sand blasted to a rough surface.  I did not think it would be easy to get out.  Heck I got to buy more of this stuff.  No financial interest, just a very satisfied customer.
(HAO) Wurth Brake Cleaner - Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

|   |
(HAO) Wurth Brake Cleaner - Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

Wurth makes the best non-chlorinated brake cleaner available. Removes grease, oil, and brake dust and dries quickly without residue. Harmless to most plastics.
  |   |

Mike MacLean

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android