[Healeys] Heat Shields

sentenac.rw at gmail.com sentenac.rw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 11:58:47 MST 2017

It is a two-part refinishing process.  First part is two coats of
Rustoleum Clean Metal Primer 7780830.  Then you apply a very light
coat of MinWax Polyurethane Clear Satin to seal the surface and make
it cleanable.  Both are spray cans and each can contains enough for a
dozen cars :-)  You don't want the urethane to look shiny.  The
instructions are included with Moss's kit.  The primer is a nice
off-white that Roger found to match the original color.

-Roland
BN1 #724 with heat shields installed but not ready for the road

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 12:24:51 -0500, you wrote:

>I recall someone mentioning that Roger Moment developed a finish to apply to hardi board to make the finish like the original asbestos.  I’ve looked through the archives and on John Simm’s site and can’t find the note.  Does anyone know the finish he used or is there someone that can provide me with a proper finish?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Price Lindsay
>67 BJ8

---