[Healeys] Starter Button - Just Stopped Working

Rohan Marr rohanmarr at mac.com
Thu Jun 29 20:43:32 MDT 2017

Hi Listers,

After lurking here for way too long I would ask for your help. I have a somewhat original (built 56 for 57) 100~6 Longbridge built (despite the lack of crease in the hood) Healey that I tend to start up in the garage every few months if I have not gone for a drive. This is a California car so I really don’t have the ordinary excuses not to drive like ice & snow. Car is garaged always and I have not started her in a few months, but last time she fired right up.

Yesterday I went to the garage (I should add battery is on a tender and is good), hit the starter and silence … nothing … I mean NOTHING. I turned the key and heard the sweet sound of the SU fuel pump go tick, tick, tick … tick …… tick …… then stop (which is good). Lights go on … indicators work, horn works …

Where should I start … can a switch just go bad in a few months just sitting after firing right up a few months ago? Fuses are good, leads are in, earth switch is on, etc.

Should I just crawl under the dash and pull the starter and “start” there with the multimeter … or is there somewhere else I should investigate.

I appreciate all your input and replies!

Rohan

Rohan (aka Aussie)
’56 Longbridge BN4 “Hellouise"