[Healeys] Distributor cap wiring

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 00:00:16 MDT 2017

Hi Stephen,
There are 2 distributor caps that fit a Standard BJ8 distributor. Hence what could be your issue.
Tell me, is the notch/ cutout for the low tension lead at the front or rear of the cap?
The cap with a part number ending in 474 has the cutout at the front, under the coil lead, and is Bj8.
The cap with the part number ending in 902 has the cutout at the back, and is sedan.
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone