[Healeys] Four speed gear box for a BN1

Laurie Wilford healeymk3 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 30 19:05:26 MDT 2017

I just completed a 4 speed sideshift conversion to a BN1. You are correct,  the transmission mounts has to be cut out and replaced with the later style. The mechanical clutch can be retained with a BN2 bellhousing, otherwise you will have to convert to a hydraulic clutch.
I was able to modify the aluminium gearboxes cover to fit ( the shift lever hole is in a different position) and the BN1 carpet can be used with modification around the old shift position. Basically you cover the hole from the 3 speed.

Laurie Wilford

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A