[Healeys] Front leather seat installation

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Thu Jul 27 14:29:43 MDT 2017

I installed the leather upholstery in my BJ8 in 1999.  Photos taken today (after 89000 miles) are attached for the driver's seat.

I used the standard metal clips around the bottom to attach the seat back leather to the frame, but as I recall (according to the instructions I was using) I did glue the center part of the seat back cover (outlined by the piping) to the foam to maintain its curvature with the seat back.

I did not glue the cover to the seat pan foam, but just to the bottom of the metal pan where it wraps over at the rear.  The rivets are to make sure it wouldn't come loose.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large