[Healeys] Oil in oil/water temp gauge

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Jul 20 12:13:55 MDT 2017

Remove bezel and glass and use brake cleaner to clean the internals and
face. However be careful as in some instances the white lettering of the
SMITHS/Jaeger/LUCAS gauges can be easily wiped away, even with water, so
do not wipe!!!
To remove the bezel lift the tabs slightly and rotate the bezel until
the tabs line up with the holes in the body rim. Carefully lift the
glass. After that the bezel and glass can be cleaned. Do not bother to
replace the sealing. It is not necessary and counterproductive as now
trapped moisture can easily evaporate.
Kees Oudesluijs