[Healeys] Air Conditioning Installation - BJ8

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 14 22:38:59 MDT 2017

I agree with Alan and would add:

Seal the firewall with tarpaper, cut per original, and make sure all the gourmets and plugs are in place. Against the floor and parts of the foot well, I installed “Evercoat” Q-pads, Dynamat Extreme, and Dynaliner. I put Dynaliner on the inside and outside of the tunnel too. Next, if ever, I would forego the Q-pads because they are difficult to install. That said, the cockpit very is comfortable when I am winding down the road on 90F degree days to 100F+. But you have to drive fast! :) It’s fine sitting at a stoplight too. BTW, I have a tan interior.

John Spaur

’62 BT7 (People have installed AC on these too and I have thought about it.)