[Healeys] Toyota 5 speed

i erbs eyera3000 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 16:30:54 MDT 2017

Actually, Rich said enjoy your car the way you want it. We communicated
often about modern improvements. I am not driving a museum piece. The car
has been undated to make it safer and more dependable:
Sound and heat insulation instead of tar paper, larger HD8 carbs for more
oomph
the 5 speed was installed to make it easier for my Adult children and wife
to drive the car,
addition of a dual usb port to charge my phone, later model Lucas horns as
they are louder, other have added bilstein shocks. I have taller tires too.
I also added seat belts as the car did not come with them.  Yes I do miss
the dance of the overdrive switch and kick down, but the weight savings and
first gear syncro are really nice.
Don't judge, many colors picked or other custom touches are not to my
taste, but my car is. Get out and enjoy your ride, or your project getting
back on the road.
Cheers

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
          BT7 engine and disk brakes

A racing car is an animal with a thousand adjustments. Mario Andretti
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words