[Healeys] Toyota 5 speed

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Fri Jul 7 10:33:07 MDT 2017

I am with Tom also on this.  When the time comes to install the drive train in my BN2, it will be the original 4 speed/overdrive trans.  I want the "Healey" experience when I drive the the car.  If I wanted the smoother easy shifting of a 5 speed, I can just drive my manual Honda Accord.  Besides, leaving it original kind of insures to limit the amount of drivers of the car.  No one knows your car like you do.  That synchro in 2nd gear will last longer that way.  Just my opinion, for what it is worth.Mike MacLean