[Healeys] Traffic

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Jul 7 09:34:49 MDT 2017

I did it in situ in my BJ8.  I replaced a section at a time, cutting out
the old wiring then replacing with new, one connector at a time.  The
only part I couldn't get was the clip in the gearbox tunnel; there was
no way to get a screwdriver on it so I just cut out the old wire and
tie-wrapped the new to the clip, pending pulling the engine someday.
IIRC, the harness is one piece, except for OD and trafficator
subharnesses and some pigtails to the front lights; i.e. there is no
subharness to the rear.  But, except for working under the car the rear
portion is actually pretty easy; worst is under the fascia.

Do some diagnosis first; it might have been a short section that you can
replace or bypass.  After I installed mine, I let the smoke out under
the fascia--hot lead for a cigar lighter hit metal--but I left it in and
have put many thousands of miles on the car since with no problems.

Bob