[Healeys] Ethanol and fuel filter

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 12:04:10 MST 2017

First off, thank you all for your input re ethanol. Seems like it's not a
Good Thing and that it gets worse as we go over 10%. That's a brutal precis
of a lot of wise advice! One last thing.I need this info for an article so
do you have any anecdotal stuff that's ethanol related?? Sort of "I was
driving down the highway when the diaphragm split and there I was, up to my
ankles in E10, with only five minutes before I was due to scrub up"...no
real need to spoil a good story with the truth but I suppose we need to keep
our feet near the ground.

Now, slightly inspired by all the talk of ethanol eating rubber and all the
accumulated crud, I thought I might reinstall my fuel filter. It's an "AC",
at least labelled as such.one of the glass bowl types. I was thinking of
mounting it beneath the 6-way flasher/relay box about level with the top of
the shock absorber. Is there any reason why it can't be down there? ie
+/-18" lower than the carbs?? For the life of me I can't see a reason, but
only fools rush in..?

Thanks,

Simon