[Healeys] Know any one who needs an MBA soft-top frame?

editorgary at aol.com editorgary at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 15:05:37 MST 2017

 Realizing how hard it would be these days to find a good set of top-bows for an Austin-Healey roadster, I wonder if any of you know anyone who needs a set of top bows in very good condition from an MGA. When I bought my donor MGA to get a decent body for my race car, it came with a reasonable good soft top, complete with vinyl covering. But obviously, with a roll cage and racing wind screens I had no use for the soft top and side curtains, so I carefully stored them away.

Now many years later I really need the storage space, and I just hate the idea of trashing something that someone doing a street restoration might be desperately looking for. Any advice would be appreciated. All I would need is enough money to have them packed and shipped to the new owner (or you could come pick them up at my San Francisco peninsula home.

If you know someone, let them know.

Gary Anderson
Editor-in-Chief, The Star Magazine
Mercedes-Benz Club of America