[Healeys] BN6 Tyres

Austin Healeys List austinhealeyslist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 12:49:29 MST 2017

The 180 XAS are a good fit on the rims, however they are quite a bit
wider than the stock tyres so the spare is a dubious fit. They also
run very close to things in the wheel arch and tend to rub the splash
guards at full lock as well as rub the indicator lamp wires at the
front if they are not tied out of the way. I had to modify the RH rear
arch shape to prevent fouling of the rearmost lower point too as the
rolled edge was not very well done from the factory.

The tyres drive very nicely but have a faint whirring noise at highway
speed. Ground clearance is definitely improved but mostly they fill up
the wheel arches and look great, particularly on painted 48 spokes.

Andy.