[Healeys] Non Healey Question...Blower Bentley

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:09:56 MST 2017

​I was at the Ellerslie Intermarque Concours ​in Auckland last weekend and
had the opportunity to take a close look at a "1931 Blower Bentley".
There is a part of the engine that I cannot figure out and was wondering if
anyone on the list who can shed some light on this.
[image: Inline image 1]
Where the carburetors would be mounted on a non supercharged engine there
are these very complicated devices.
[image: Inline image 2]
I would guess that they are some sort of relief valve but, as the carbs are
on the blower inlet I don't think that is very likely.
Anyone know?

Michael S
BN1 #174