[Healeys] Flasher relay advice please

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 00:29:04 MST 2017

BJ8 with combined side/indicators/brake lights. NOT the late phase II with
the extra lights.

So,.the relay. By this I mean the round silver can with 1 wire from P to the
dash, 1 from B to the 35 amp feed & 1 from L to T8 on the dreaded 8-way
flasher relay box.

Now, the LHS indicators work and the RHS don't. Well, they've worked
occasionally. My question is this:-

If one side works, then the relay works?? There's no way that the relay can
function on one side only? It sends current down one wire only, so, if the
LHS works, then the relay is doing its job????? Right?????

I remain very prepared to be confounded. My logic(?) usually fails when I'm
in front of a wiring diagram. In fact, I would be thrilled just to be able
to fix the problem with a cheap part.

Thanks,

Simon