[Healeys] BT7 --> BJ8?

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Wed Feb 8 08:54:56 MST 2017

Thanks for your thoughts, Jean.  The door hinges are from a BJ7 or Phase 1
BJ8.  All of the body parts I see in the photos are BJ7 or Phase 1 BJ8.
Some photos show "spare parts", including what appears to be an armrest and
shreds of original red carpet from a BT7, along with a pre-BJ8 speedometer.

I am not familiar enough with pre-BJ8 models to say whether the convertible
windshield and doors would fit on a BT7, but I think they would not.
Perhaps the VIN plate on the firewall belongs to those BT7 "spare parts".  I
think it more likely that someone had a Phase 1 BJ8 and put a BT7 VIN plate
on the firewall than that they tried to make a BJ8 out of a BT7.  In that
case, why keep the BT7 VIN plate?

As far as I know, BHCC just sells the cars they buy on to someone else and
don't restore or repair them.  I wouldn't think they would be assembling a
car from miscellaneous parts.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry