[Healeys] BJ8 - shock problems

rft2 at aol.com rft2 at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 13:48:01 MST 2017

In an attempt to tighten up the front end on my BJ8, I've purchased reconditioned armstrong shocks for the front and back.  Starting into the project, I'm already at my first challenge.  On the passenger side all four bolts are upside down and when I try to loosen the bolts just spin.

Reading through some articles by Norman Nock, it sounds like these bolts may have at some point come loose, striped the threads on both the bolts and shock plate, or striped off the nuts.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I should proceed?

Mal Hickok
Richland, MI
BJ8 - 1967