[Healeys] 100 Windshield Assembly

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Dec 31 17:07:53 MST 2017

It's been a while since we did ours but, like Michael says it's pretty
straightforward.  You fit the glazing seal to the glass, the bottom
should be one-piece and U-shaped, and the top is a separate piece.  We
didn't have any trouble with the seal we got from Moss; it's wider than
you need but you trim the excess at a 45-deg angle from the frame pieces
to the glass (be careful not to score the glass).  The top seal and the
top of the 'U' should be cut at 45-deg angles to each other at the
corners as well.

I wrote Fourintune (Kay?) to ask for their secret but, for some reason,
their replies didn't come through and she gave up after a couple tries
(maybe it's one of those ancient, mythical things that should never be
revealed).  You could write them and try again, and if you do get a
reply please let us all know (and I hope we don't all die under
mysterious circumstances shortly thereafter).

Happy New Year All!

Bob