[Healeys] Pitted chrome.

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Aug 29 20:27:21 MDT 2017

WD-40, i.e. 'water dispersant, 40th formulation,' was developed to
prevent water contamination and corrosion in the nuclear warheads in
America's Atlas ICBMs (the same booster that put John Glenn in orbit).
It should be adequate to mitigate rusting on a repop bumper for an LBC,
and you should be able to find a can--or a European version--in a
typical parts store.  When you get home, wash the bumpers with any car
wash soap, and I've heard that balled-up aluminum foil will 'scrub' rust
from chrome (since you're gonna replace anyway, you can try it for kicks).

Side note: Years ago I was checking out a small LBC parts dealer in an
industrial area in Campbell, CA.  The owner had a brand new, NOS Big
Healey chrome bumper on the wall (for $300).  He complained to me that
he couldn't sell it, because people would only buy the $100 repops.

Bob