[Healeys] BJ7 Windshield Wipers

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Aug 27 11:53:06 MDT 2017

Assuming that you haven't been working on the motor or the wiper actuating
links, the most likely cause and the easiest to check would be that the
wipers are slipping on the splined wiper shafts, but I would expect that to
begin with only one wiper, not both at the same time.  Make sure the wipers
are fully seated on the shaft.  See if you can turn the wipers on their
shafts with the wiper motor off.  If you can, there's your problem.  If the
splines are O.K., then I would suspect a problem with the actuating rack or
gears in the wheelboxes, finally, the parking mechanism in the motor.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large