[Healeys] Shims

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Aug 22 08:43:00 MDT 2017

Couple things:

1) I'm too lazy to fetch my Bentley (manual), but I think the spec is
0.003"--i.e. just a smidge--of end float on the stub axles, to allow for
expansion of the bearings when warm.  Please correct me if I'm wrong as
I'm going into my axles soon.

2) putting all in compression--a lot of compression--also locks the
inner spacer--the one the seal rides on, lest it spin

3) I would love to have a Warthog (A-10)*

Bob

* Many years ago, I was preparing to depart Burbank airport in my
Cherokee, there was a couple of spotless, sparkling Warthogs,
resplendent in an (almost) BRG paint, parked on the ramp, with canopies
up and flight ladder extended (pre 9/11, of course).  They must have
been coming from or going to a nearby airshow.  I'm thinking, 'Gee, I
wonder if they left the keys in ...'