[Healeys] Shock oil

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Tue Aug 15 12:42:02 MDT 2017

Motor oils and hydraulic oils have different "scales". SAE(scale)20W 
flows like ISO(scale) AW68    Actually closer to 25W   AW68 is designed 
as an hydraulic oil, and would be preferred to motor oil. Certainly 
SAE20 can be used.  A better choice would be the AW68..... available at 
farm/tractor type stores  eg. Tractor Supply.

You should only add oil to a shock if it shows signs of leaking. Be 
careful that you do not fill it absolutely full.... there needs to be an 
air space for expansion. Armstrong designed the filler plugs and 
locations to make it difficult to overfill, but people have found ways.

Peter C

On 8/15/2017 9:44 AM, Fred Wescoe wrote:
> The shocks on my 66 BJ8 need oil.  What type should I use?
> Thanks,
> Fred
> 66 BJ8
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Healeys at autox.team.net
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/peter@nosimport.com

Peter Caldwell
World Wide Auto Parts of Madison WI
2517 Seiferth Rd
Madison  WI  53716

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20170815/384989bf/attachment.html>

More information about the Healeys mailing list