[Healeys] Shock oil

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Tue Aug 15 12:42:02 MDT 2017

Motor oils and hydraulic oils have different "scales". SAE(scale)20W
flows like ISO(scale) AW68    Actually closer to 25W   AW68 is designed
as an hydraulic oil, and would be preferred to motor oil. Certainly
SAE20 can be used.  A better choice would be the AW68..... available at
farm/tractor type stores  eg. Tractor Supply.

You should only add oil to a shock if it shows signs of leaking. Be
careful that you do not fill it absolutely full.... there needs to be an
air space for expansion. Armstrong designed the filler plugs and
locations to make it difficult to overfill, but people have found ways.

Peter C

--
Peter Caldwell
World Wide Auto Parts of Madison WI