[Healeys] Knock off hammer - aftermarket

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Aug 12 16:56:06 MDT 2017

"What do people think about a 32 once rubber mallet ..."

I think the hammer will bounce off the knockoff and smite thee in the
face.  I haven't tried a dead blow, but in a pinch I used a softwood
block and a small sledgehammer to tighten a knockoff, and it flattened
and marred the ear of the knockoff, and I think a dead blow might do the
same.

I'd stick with lead hammers (copper may be OK, but I haven't used one
and I believe copper is a bit harder than lead).

Bob