[Healeys] Head Re-torque

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 7 21:09:42 MDT 2017

Hi Bob:

I re-torqued my BJ8 engine approx. 1000 miles after the rebuild.  All of the
British car gurus - especially the Healey ones - who know about such things
suggested that it was a good idea.

At the time (about 4 months ago) I tried to find the special factory tool -
18G545 - thinking it would be neat to actually use one.  Found a few, but
they were all in the hands of tool collectors and were being traded on that
basis - real expensive!  We wound up taking the rocker shaft off like
always.

I recommend that you re-torque.  Let me know if you go ahead - that way I'll
feel better!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb