[Healeys] Re - Tyre Pressures

mike brooks hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 6 14:11:21 MDT 2017

Tim,
I echo Kees in suggesting you keep clear of the motorways. My wife and I drove the BN2 from Scotland to Val d'Aosta in 2014 and entirely avoided all motorways and tunnels. The Grand and Petit St. Bernard passes were spectacular. The N and D roads in France, as well as providing wonderful scenery and great eating places were often fantastic driving roads, almost traffic free. It was a wonderful trip. My tyre pressures probably won't help you as I'm on 60 spoke wheels with 165 x 15 Vredsteins at 28 psi. The only issue we had in our 1600 mile trip was some slightly rough running in Italy. At first I wondered about the high altitude in the Val d'Aosta affecting the carburation, but we had come over the Grand St Bernard Pass without missing a beat. The problem cleared up as we drove back through France so, in retrospect, I blame a bad batch of fuel in Italy.
Mike Brooks'56 BN2AberdeenshireScotland Message: 3