[Healeys] Rough running 100M

goldengt goldengt at cal.net
Wed Aug 2 19:36:55 MDT 2017

Try a new rotor.

-------- Original message --------From: Larry Paterson <Larry at patersondesign.ca> Date: 8/2/17  4:35 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: [Healeys] Rough running 100M
Hi folks – here’s one for you to ponder.  For the past many years I’ve raced my 100M without a problem.  Lately however at around 4500 RPM under load it balks and stutters running quite rough.  I’ve checked timing, changed the condenser several times checked carbs and all the other usual stuff.   When not under load it revs freely.   The motor has a billet crank, roller rockers, aluminium head, 100S pistons, lightened flywheel etc and regularly ran up to 6500 – 7000 RPM with no issues. It also has a Mallory distributor and is running 24 degrees of advance. Any advice on where to look next would be much appreciated. ThanksLarry Paterson100M, BN7,