[Healeys] FW: Front Hub Runout

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 19:56:01 MDT 2017

Folks
Before we wreck the reputation of a guy who stayed in the business when many others did not, I recall a time in the 60’s when you hoped to find a US BMC dealer that would order you a part for your Healey and then the wait of sometimes months to get it, maybe.  At one time I waited 6 months for a 100 water pump to arrive from England. Then the 1970’s when the dealer parts were drying up and the Mom and Pop salvage yard/some new parts/ some used parts sales guy helped supply the parts.  They did because they spent their money and bought up spares when and where they could. Then there was the 1980’s when guys were trying to get aftermarket parts made but the manufacturers were terrible with originality and quality. It was a tough time to restore cars then.

I remember getting parts I needed from Healey Haven at fair prices and when I needed. Believe they started in about 1973 or 74.

We modeled a much smaller parts business in Hawaii after the guys who were doing the same thing on the US Mainland. Gather the parts to keep cars on the road. We operated that as a part time affair, 😊, 1977 until 2011. Even hauled back 19,000 pounds of Healey bits and several cars when we returned to Pennsylvania at retirement.

Is every deal we make with someone perfect every time? No but I was glad to get what I needed most of the time. Oh and if you think you make lots of money on spare Healey parts, I have a piece of land for sale in Florida!  Really, I do!!!

Aloha
Perry