[Healeys] Generator swap

dwflagg at juno.com dwflagg at juno.com
Wed Apr 19 14:30:23 MDT 2017

Why not just rebuild your nephew's generator?

Hi Simon,The BJ8 bracket/ C42 generator mounting points are different to the earlier bigger ones. I.e. The distance between the 2 lugs on the block side plate are different to the earlier block side plate; and the distance between the lugs on the generators themselves are different. I don't know if you can shim them up with washers to adapt one to the other - and more importantly, if you do, I don't know if the pulley lines up with the water pump & crank pulleys. So - I know they are different. But I've never tried to adapt one to fit the other. Maybe someone else has?I'll send you some pics tomorrow. BestChris

Sent from my iPhone