[Healeys] "Engine making a weird noise"

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 10 16:37:17 MDT 2017

Simon,

No expert, but...

Generator failed?

Charge the battery and start the car.  Confirm that the noise still
occurs.  Check the voltage across the battery.  Should be above 13 volts
if the generator and voltage regulator are working.  Shut the engine off.

Disconnect the fan belt and start the car and see if the noise is gone.
  Can't run it for very long - no water pump.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php