[Healeys] Fasteners

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 11:45:00 MDT 2016

Engine rebuild in progress; wondering which, if any, bolts and studs
need to be replaced.  Car is a BJ8, with almost 200K miles and (at
least) two engine rebuilds.  No issues besides low
compression--attributed to leaky valves and rings--so, I'm wondering,
can I reuse head and main studs, and rod bolts?  This will be a mostly
stock rebuild, with a slightly hotter cam (DWR1).

Not trying to pinch pennies, but don't want to overbuild, either.  Thoughts?

TIA,

Bob