[Healeys] 3000 Mk III cloisonne front badge

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Mon Sep 12 17:31:36 MDT 2016

G'day Steve

Sometimes I wonder how much useful trivia a bloke can fit into his head.

What is interesting is that there is no clear demarcation date between the
end of the BT7 Mk2 and the beginning of the BJ7. The first BJ7 was built in
January 1962 and the last BT7 Mk2 was built in June 1962. So we had a
situation that both roadster and convertible Austin-Healey 3000s were being
built at the same time and it's possible to have a BT7 Mk2 that has a more
recent build date than a BJ7. This was a boon to the sales staff as it
allowed them to offer prospective buyers the choice of both.

So it doesn't surprise me that a BJ7 was fitted with a hyphenated badge.

Is there a clear point when the hyphen was deleted? Yes I think there was,
but heavens knows when, but it's probably down to a buying clerk
somewhere/sometime who slipped up on the order and then it became too late
to do anything about it.

Best wishes

Patrick Quinn