[Healeys] Overheating query

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Sep 8 01:18:59 MDT 2016

You do need a sleeved thermostat to close of the bypass. If this stays
open part of the coolant will not pass the radiator which may lead to
overheating during stop&go/high speed driving.
The Smiths/AC etc. bellows thermostats can fail prematurely, on the
other hand it can last for donkeys years. The soldering was done by hand
so not very consistent and prone to faults in the manufacturing process.
Kees Oudesluijs