[Healeys] Overheating query

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 21:05:08 MDT 2016

There is one mode of failure for a water pump that can cause sudden
overheating.  If the impeller either corrodes and falls apart or the
impeller comes off the shaft, no water will circulate except by
thermo-syphon.  Neither of these are common, but they can happen.
Then of course there was the plastic impellers for MG water pumps that
would get soft and fall off when the coolant got hot.
Rick