[Healeys] Glove box

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 18:00:14 MDT 2016

I am trying to put together a complete set of keys for my 66 BJ8.  I am
half way there.

So far, I have been able to get 2 trunk keys cut to fit the trunk by a
locksmith who sighted down the cylinder with a microscope and then cut the
keys.  He also had a blank for the ignition key.

He will sight down the door cylinder when I get it pulled and do the same
as with the trunk key.

However the cylinder in the glove box is not actually for the glove box.
No idea what it is supposed to fit.  An FS key fits into the cylinder but
will not turn it.  There is a shoulder inside the lock barrel that prevents
the cylinder from rotating and the locksmith says this cylinder is not
correct for the lock.

Can anyone direct me to a source for just a 66 BJ8 glove box tumbler?
Preferably with a key.

Does anyone have one lying around they would be willing to part with?

I will not do the Moss program.

Thanks in advance.

Fred

66 BJ8