[Healeys] Rear end noise

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 11:24:50 MDT 2016

I suppose the diffs were set up per the manual? I forget what that involves, but it’s all in the manual. And you’ve all got manuals?

I looked around for ages and eventually found a diff from an automatic Westminster. I took it to a gears/diff place and they checked and adjusted the so-called “run-out” with some clever wotsit and it’s not made a noise since. Worth thinking about...at least for anyone who hasn’t put the 3:54 in yet?? It’s not so hard to do....you take the whole diff to the workshop. (Having extracted it first!)

Simon