[Healeys] car in Southampton NY

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Oct 27 02:33:57 MDT 2016

Although not worth very much a well sorted Jensen Healey is a far
superior car to drive to the big Healey. Not surprisingly as the design
is 20 years younger.
It was quick for the day, it is quite comfortable and has very decent
road holding. A JH will outrun a big Healey any time. The engine is a
work of art but needs proper maintainance and it can be tweaked to well
over 250BHP. You could replace it without to much trouble with the
simple but boring Rover/Buick V8, which weighs about the same. If you
start off with a rust free car the financial risks are acceptable.
As many cars were scrapped due to rust problems, there are plenty of
engines, gearboxes, rear axles to be had. Derivates from these engines
can also be found in a variety of Lotus cars and it was build in turbo
guise until early 2000.
In Europe good Jensen Healey's have been on the up in the last year or so.
Most JH's were exported to the USA and the rust free examples are now
being exported back to Europe.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL