[Healeys] rubber bonnet bumpers

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 09:44:50 MDT 2016


The rubber buffers need to have a hole about the size of the rivet drilled or punched on one side only, then the rivet, a copper plated split rivet, followed by the washer will go through the rubber, shroud and then squeezed over. See illustration.


From: Healeys <healeys-bounces at autox.team.net> on behalf of Tom <ah3000me at gmail.com>
Sent: October 10, 2016 2:04 PM
To: Healey Mail List
Subject: [Healeys] rubber bonnet bumpers

I need to replace the rubber bonnet bumpers on my BJ8.  From the Moss catalog, I see the following parts:

  *   031-359, rubber buffer
  *   325-765, rivet
  *   325-770, copper washer

How do you rivet the rubber buffer to the shroud?   Is this a pop-rivet, or some other kind of rivet?  I have a pop-rivet gun, do I need another tool?


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161010/10b916cc/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: shroud buffer.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 104950 bytes
Desc: shroud buffer.jpg
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161010/10b916cc/attachment.jpg>

More information about the Healeys mailing list