[Healeys] Off comes the head...

Per Schoerner per at schoerner.se
Fri Nov 25 07:49:10 MST 2016

Hi
This is what happens when you restore an engine properly, e. g. you clean the stripped block thouroughly. Cast iron is quite pourous and the wall between the oil channel and water jacket is quite thin. When you clean the block you also wipe away any gunk that acts as sealant, so it starts to leak oil into the water. Usually you can get away with this problem by installing steel pipes in the oil channel that goes across the block and also the channel up to the top.

Best, Per

Skickat från min iPhone