[Healeys] su pumps again

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Nov 23 08:08:38 MST 2016

I have asked myself the same question. The air chamber evens out
pressure pulses to some degree and may possibly only be used with high
pressure pumps that are positioned near the fuel tank. Also some
carburettors are more sensitive to pressure pulses than others. These
pumps were used on a multitude of cars with all types of carbs, from
simple SU's to complicated DellOrto's.
It is an extra complication but it does not do any harm.
Kees Oudesluijs